Wednesday 7 August 2013

Talisman

Although my birthday has already passed, recently I received a very meaningful gift from my closest family. I did not expect a present, never mind a present like this.

In the middle of my busy shift at work, my sister popped in just to give me the little bag. I briefly opened and look at it as at that moment I didn't have time to even try it on. I received a beautiful, simple, little piece of jewelry. I put it in my bag and came back to working. From time to time the present was coming to my mind and I could remember a writing on it, it said O.K.A.P. But there was something missing there. ‘I know!’ I said to myself. 'What about Nutka?'

As I got home from work, and had a closer look at it, I very quickly realized that it is not an ordinary bracelet. There was nothing missing. Nutka was there too. Moreover, the bracelet was warm in my hand. And then I saw something. It wasn't a reflection of the light in polished silver. The bracelet glowed with delicate, warm light.
In the smooth surface of jewelry, I could see all my family, all four of us, and Nutka who could not write her initial but she still showed herself. I saw all these happy memories in our flat in Krakow, all so alive and locked in my head as it was yesterday. I could feel the warmth of caring, loving and worrying about me coming from four different directions, just as we live now in four different places, with Nutka above all of us.

I am going to take this warmth closed in this beautiful bracelet with me wherever I go. It will be my talisman. It will always be quietly reminding me of what really is valuable and important in life. Thank you very much for this beautiful gift.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...