Friday 9 August 2013

Shopping

Apart from obvious essential things such as vaccinations, malaria tablets, visas (for South East Asia most are available at the airports apart from Vietnam where for Polish passports holders it is required to register online first and get a promesa visa before turning up to the airport), travel insurance etc, there were few other things I felt like I should have. First on the list are personal security items. Although I hope I will never have to use them, as single female traveler it is better I have than not have them. I purchased a personal alarm (upon activation it gives a very loud siren of 140db for attracting attention) and criminal identifier farb-gel-spray (containing a very hard to wash farb that stains skin and clothes of attacker for up to 7 days for easier identification). They both comply with UK regulations (unlike the pepper spray) and I bought them from a legal website, here are the links:


and




I also decided to opt for maximum security when it comes to my most important personal belongings which are passport, money and credit cards. I purchased Security Holster (looks more secure than simple neck pouch) and a special wallet with the chain so it can be attached to the belt or handbag preventing it from stealing.

There are links






After initial struggle with putting holster on, I managed to make it fit. However, I still believe the designer made it for men; he didn't consider the fact that women have boobs and the holster does not sit as good on them as on someone flat-chested. Apart from it, I really like how solid it feels and I am looking forward to test both purchases in my journey J


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...