Wednesday 7 August 2013

Hostel Booked!

After looong time thinking and consulting with people who might know, even speaking to the girl who traveled Thailand on her own and told me not to book anything until I arrive there as I will definitely receive better offers and useful tips upon arrival, I decided to book the hostel for the first three nights in Bangkok. As I completely understand the girl’s approach and it is probably true what she is saying, from my experience it is such a peace of mind to already have some starting point organised wherever you travel. The decision which hostel/hotel to choose was influenced by two major factors, first one was the fact that I am expecting to be jet-lagged for the first few days (and after being in Australia I know how painful this experience is  for me) therefore I decided not to go straight into shared dorms but instead to select a decent single room or to book a whole double room just for myself, which of course doubles the price, but is not a problem in (I am yet to confirm) famously cheap Thailand. The second factor was my boyfriend’s opinion as he is lucky enough to have already been to Thailand before and advised me to stay away from the main streets and also told me about rough areas to avoid. Out of few hostels I was considering, I finally booked The Cozy Bangkok Place and this is where I will be staying from 5th to 8th September. I cannot wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...