Monday 14 October 2013

Phi Phi Islands with my adopted family :)

After arrival to Krabi, once again I was reminded how much Thais are proud of their elephants, they are everywhere!




Just by having a walk around the town I also quickly noticed that the surroundings of the place is just outstanding and its almost talking at you to explore it further. In the hostel I was introduced to the wide choice of activities offered in this region and with all of them being quite cheap i just wanted to do every one of them! Unfortunately because of time restrictions I was forced to choose only 3. My first selected trip was my long waited tour to Phi Phi Islands. Since coming to Thailand I couldn't wait to see their famous turquoise waters and white sand beaches with characteristic long boats. The next morning we were taken on this speedboat to take us to and around islands:


From the boat we could see a Chicken Leg rock (to me it looks more like something else...)

Our first stop was Bamboo Island (the cloud behind quickly reached us, but I think it only helped - the rain passed quickly and left the area refreshed and cooled down)






Even the heaviest rain and darkest clouds could not take away the heavenly beauty of the island. In fact I could not image more spectacular thing that watching a proper storm from a little and safe imaginary island house.








From there we moved to the beach from the movie 'The Beach'. It belongs to Phi Phi Islands and apart from crowds of people and many other boats taking there visitors, it is truly breathtaking!







And there is it! I met this beautiful Malaysian family on the pick up bus from the hostel and we ended up spending the whole trip together. The family from Kuala Lumpur planned their holiday in Thailand, unfortunately the mum and wife was turned back at the airport because she didn't realize her passport was expiring within next 6 months and by law that's enough to be refused entry to many countries by border control. As it was too late to change their plans, the family decided to continue without her. It was so sad to hear it, because they made me feel so welcome between them and I had a great time - for a day I felt like I was adopted by them:) that I can only imagine that she is a wonderful woman and would make the whole experience even better.





The next point was a peaceful lagoon (can't remember the name)







We also passed the cave where some people actually live!

Then we were taken to the main Phi Phi Island for lunch, which is the only one with the building permission for shops, hotels etc. From the air it looks like this:

Image from web

But this wasn't the perspective from the land and that's what I saw

Our last stop was a short stop in the water on top of a reef where who wanted could go snorkeling  


I decided to stay on a boat and had nice time with people who also decided not to swim


When it comes to the beaches, I always quietly compare it to the beach in Debki. The image of our Polish seaside in Debki is so deeply rooted in my head that no matter how spectacular the beach on the other side of the world is, it still doesn't come close to my memories. And it seems that it has nothing to do with how the beach look like - I could not agree more that wide white sands, blue crystal waters, palms and coconuts I have seen in Fiji, Australia, New Zealand and here in Thailand are far more beautiful than our green-gray-blue Baltic, but ... they just don't feel like home. Debki and its sea, river Piasnica and sands will always hold a piece of my heart and there is no other beach that can compare and compete with it.

Debki <3
 Photos from the web



PS. Besides, above described beaches will never turn into this in December!



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures of beautiful Olga in beautiful Thailand, I hope we can both be there together in the future. I will always want to go back and am very sorry I am not there with you now.
    Keep having an amazing time x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be sorry Kevin, one day we will go back together, we have a lot of time ahead of us for it :) It is right time for you to focus on yourself and right time for me to have some time off and being apart and missing you only make me realize how happy make me having you close :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...