Sunday 3 November 2013

Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur was all about people to me. I spend there 5 amazing and full of attractions days and its the only place in Asia so far I could imagine myself living for a while if I get really bored with Europe :) Why is that? Because unlike my assumptions and expectations of visiting another Third World country capital, KL really surprised me with its vibrant and modern lifestyle, good public transport system, rich and London level night life, high end looking yet affordable apartments and so many Westerners living and working there.

Petronas Towers are just majestic


Inside of Petronas Towers






Wedding in the garden (on this picture it reminds me of Polish summer parties, especially in Debki and this car only adds more memories)






My favourite Malaysian dessert! Although the wedding had enormous food selection, it was so hot, I only felt like eating desserts, especially this one: coconut milk, brown sugar, ice and jellies. I think I had like 4 of them :)





The family of bride or groom waiting for them to arrive (not sure which family house was the wedding at)

And here they are!


Behind the house is a palm garden and tropical river



Rini's apartment building!




Rini and her friend took me to Batu Caves - the Hindu temple where every year in January a famous festival takes place where men pierce their cheeks and attach hooks to their skin and pull some religious statues etc.














What are you doing here on top of the stairs on a temple's wall???

















He was standing next to my hostel and for first few days I thought it was a real person... but overall I think its a good idea!

Pertonas Towers in a day light


  KL Tower



When I was coming back to the hostel that day, the sky and everything around had weird orange colour. Almost like there was a huge fire outside of the city giving it a golden glow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...