Thursday 31 October 2013

Georgetown in Penang (Malaysia)

Updating the blog have been delayed for few days because of extraordinary hospitality of my friends: Rini and Danial in Kuala Lumpur who kept me busy all 5 days and night while in Malaysian capital.

I stayed 2 days and 3 nights in Georgetown, an island close to Langkawi. I took the 2,5h ferry to get from one island to another. As soon as I arrived I was wandering if maybe I took the wrong ferry and by accident ended up in India as majority of people I saw and dealt with for my whole stay in Georgetown were from India. Yes, the area my hostel was situated is close to Little India but I wouldn't call this district 'little' :) Its everywhere! On positive side, it was nice to finally have some Indian food - something different to noodles and rice which are a main food in Asia.


The coastline is not as pretty as in Langkawi


Fort Cornwallis
'Fort Cornwallis is a star fort that the British East India Company built in the late 1700s on the northeastern coast of Penang Island, Malaysia'




Penang Hill





The train which takes you to the top reminded me of the train to Gubałówka, with the difference that in Poland the whole attraction is so much better organized  and much more frequent :)

 Butterfly farm




















I can se the cocoon but where is pupa?














Penang Spice Garden
I loved this place and its a shame the picture couldn't capture how peaceful and cool it was. It was great to see how Vanilla or Clove tree look like or how does black pepper grow. Kevin would love to have garden like that :)








Peaceful restaurant on top of the garden

My favourite Asian dessert: mango with sticky rice!







And a little funny surprise for at the end :)


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...