Sunday 11 August 2013

Tickets and journey plan

When it comes to tickets, thankfully they are nowhere near as ridiculously expensive as for Australia, although there is not that much difference in the distance. I got my tickets in the beginning of July, and as I wanted to start my journey in Thailand, the best option I found was a return ticket from Bangkok. I got return tickets for £640 with British Airways (have never traveled with them yet) and was convinced it is a good price but little did I know that literally a week later tickets for the same route were on sale with STA travel with my favorite Emirates and I could go for around £100 less! Anyway, I am still happy I booked the tickets when I was ready for it rather than waiting for better occasion which could never arrive and the situation would only put my plans on hold.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I can talk about wanting to go somewhere for a long time, but when I finally find the time to really make it happen (this year my attention was consumed with final assignments for University), the plan and the length of the journey very quickly appear in my head and within hours I am ready to book tickets and talk about travel destinations.
I am leaving from Newcastle on 4th of September (will arrive to Bangkok on 5th afternoon) and coming back to Newcastle on 22nd November (will be back the same day at night).
The journey will be broken down to 3 parts, each month being one part. The first month (September) I want to travel Thailand and do round trip through Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. Second month (October) will be for Malaysia finishing in Singapore and the third month (November) I want to spend in Indonesia starting in Jakarta with Stefanie which I can’t wait to see! I am still considering doing a 10-day meditation course in Indonesia but haven’t booked anything yet. From Indonesia I will take a flight back to Bangkok to get my return flight to Newcastle.
The dates in each country are flexible and depend on what I actually feel like doing at that time. If I find myself with spare time, short visit to Japan or South Korea will be considered although I would like to have another longer trip dedicated to this region. Below is the map with rough plan of my journey: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...