Monday 19 August 2013

Fantastic news and my new ‘baby’ with unfortunate name

Today I was only going to write about a recently bought toy which I felt it will be a useful and maybe even essential purchase for my trip, but before that I need to share great news.

As a first thing in the morning, I opened my email and received a message from my friend and ex-flatmate from Australia who decided to join me in my first month of travelling in Asia! He knew the dates, the hostel and journey plan from the blog so he booked tickets and I’ll meet him in Bangkok, very probably even in the same hostel (if there are still any rooms left). I am soooooo happy and could hardly imagine better person to travel with as we have already traveled together to New Zealand and had fantastic time. Called my mum and Kevin straight away and I could hear a relief in their voice that I will be with someone trusted (at least for some time) before I meet with lovely Stefanie in Indonesia. Thank you Darwin for making my day! I hope you will not be offended for me putting these pictures up J






Coming back to my ‘baby’, I already am an owner of an old and heavy Dell-ina which at the moment is my main computer and Samsung tablet which I like very much for some things (internet browsing, quick access to maps and emails; no need for me to print out vouchers anymore), but not so much for other things such as typing or other ‘heavy duties’ like fixing/perfecting photos. And as I am planning not only to regularly update this blog (so my mum does not have a heart attack from not hearing from me for too long) but also to work on my own online project which I have already started, I needed the access to small, light laptop/notebook which can do all I want it to but it’s not too expensive so it doesn't eat my travel budget and it’s not massively valuable, in case of damage or being stolen. Finally I bought a very lovely Asus netbook from Argos Outlet (which sells refurbished laptops) for just over £100 with delivery, saving £80 or so if I get the brand new one. Although it can be a bit slow at times (what can you expect for this price and the basic, entry level processor) I completely love how light (not even 1kg), small (10 inch) and portable it is. I have already tested it in Edinburgh for 3 days where I was visiting my boyfriend and it is just what I need for travelling Asia. I am still going to take the tablet with me as well as Asus netbook as I think they both will be useful.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...