Tuesday 8 October 2013

Along Hua Hin beach

This week finally wasn't about getting around and sightseeing but about relaxing in a lovely resort Hua Hin. The town is liked by Thais (especially ones from Bangkok as easy access from capital means a perfect weekend getaway) and appreciated by Thai royalty where past and current kings have their holiday properties. I have done nothing very exciting while in here, but for me eating beautiful meals every night in different places (the resort is famous for their delicious seafood) and making a point to walk on the beach every day during my stay (whether is sun or rain which is not uncommon in the rainy season) was fulfilling and exciting enough.

One of the delicious, fresh and big fish you can get for as little as £2

And traditional Thai green curry. I am beginning to consider signing up for a Thai cooking class before I leave this country!

And after a full 24h heavy raining. The best thing was that locals didn't seem much bothered by the little flood and every restaurant and shop was open as usual. Apart from my favourite night market which turned into a pool overnight... (but I kept walking around the town and I quickly realised that the sellers simply moved up the street where the flood didn't reach)



This stunning hotel is close to my place and since I walked through it in my first night to get from the beach to the main street I keep using this route every day. Every time I pass it, not only I imagine I'm a Paris Hilton and I own it, but also the workers on the property recognize me by now and they must think I'm one of their guests :P

And a view one way...

 ... and another. The weather was so beautiful when I begun my walk, and can you see this mountain at the end of the beach? That was my destination.



WTF?



  
And 2h later I finally got there!
 





Of course, the weather decided to change... I also realised it was already after 5 which means I'm not far away from the sunset and the perspective of me walking for 2h back home, on my own, in the darkness on the beach wasn't very appealing.

Who is a real boss? 

And an attentive bay-watch?



Before heading back I stopped for something to eat and a drink.


Meet Mr Cloud who made me soaking wet on my journey back to the hotel.


A very typical view - workers (usually females) finished their work and heading back home in a truck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...