Wednesday 18 September 2013

Vietnam

Pretty much from the point we landed at the airport and by the time we walked into our hotel, I already knew what I think about Vietnam. However, I decided I will not make a judgement at lest before getting to the South, so for now, before more detailed review about this country in few days time, I attach some photos that we made while being in the North in Ha noi (capital) and Ha Long Bay.

View at Ha noi from outside of the city

All the images on these paintings reflect exactly how Vietnam looks and feels like

And that's how we became owners of Viet Hats! And I have to say it was one of the best purchase of all of my trip so far, its so useful from keeping head and shoulders away from the sun. I cant live without it now :)

  
I didn't know I will find a Christian church in Vietnam

 A woman trying to sell bracelets to Darwin

If not bracelets, you can always buy (fighting) chickens on the streets

And typical (mad) traffic on Vietnamese streets
 Some Vietnamese wedding photo shoots were being taken






I made this 'selfie' after being stopped few times by locals who wanted to have picture with me. I needed to check if there was something wrong or if I just look so funny and ridiculous in this hat to them that they want to show it to others...




Women are working hard in Ha noi

 In the second day in capital we booked all inclusive 2 days and 1 night cruise tour around supposedly spectacular Ha Long Bay (UNESCO heritage) and I really enjoyed it and had a great time. There were such a nice people, great food and even an air conditioning there on a boat, I couldn't ask for more (maybe apart from Kevin NOT telling me a night before going that there was an accident on these boats some time ago where one crushed into another at night and people died, which made me not to be able to sleep on the cruise).

On the way we visited a place where disabled people were making and selling art, but I couldn't stop thinking its disabled people sweatshop

On the boat




Locals actually live there



We were taken to 'amazing' caves, but me and Darwin just passed through them as quick as we could as even near my hometown Krakow I have seen better ones, never mind in Australia...

 And the rock that look like turtle: if you leave money and touch its head it brings luck to you




 The tour was organized the way that we could watch the sunset while kayaking. It was so much fun (because none of us is good at it)!


And while the Ha Long Bay was OK (although I expected more to be honest), the thing that blew my mind was on opportunity to chill out with the can of beer on top of the boat, on a warm night, with beautiful and quiet surrounding and clear sky with stars and moon above. With my basic camera, the pictures don't even come close to how amazing it really was.


The next morning we took the trip to the viewpoint and headed back to Ha noi. Tomorrow I am flying to the South to Ho Chi Minh city where we will be organizing out travel through Cambodia.



 

 


1 comment:

  1. You are such a beautiful girl! I'm sorry I scared you for your night on the boats but just to be safe. I hope you have nice time in Ho Chi Minh, eat lots. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...